Friday, February 10, 2012

What do I do with my tuners now that I no longer record shows on the computer?

  I have 2 tuner boxes and 3 tuner cards.  I have the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual High Definition Digital Television HDHR3-US (Black), and a Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Tuner Cable Card TV Tuner.  I use these tuners for watching live TV or for recording a show that I want to watch right away.
  Last night I setup a recording for The Big Bang Theory and we watched it about 15 minutes after the show started as this let us fast forward through the commercials.  So, I still need and want the tuners just not for all of my recording needs.
  If you don't watch The Big Bang Theory I recommend that you download the first season and give it a try, this is my favorite show being aired now.  You can use Google or any torrent search engine to find a torrent with all of season one in one torrent.  See my post about downloading TV episodes for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment