Wednesday, July 25, 2012

HDHomeRun Prime, loving it!

I purchased the HDHomerun Prime Cable Card Tuner last month and am loving it.  This is better than the Hauppauge 2650 in a couple of ways,
1) it is on the network so all of my PCs can be configured to use it
2) it has three tuners

I've read that you need to call your cable company to configure each PC that uses the Prime, I've found this not to be true, once I got the first configured the next PC was able to see all of the channels without any assistance from the cable company.

It is truly nice to have my cable channels available on all of my PCs, I highly recommend the HDHomeRun Prime.  Now I need to decide if I am going to keep the old model HDHomeRun or try selling it as it is uplugged at the current moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment