Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The wonders of a pc connected to your television

I'm still playing with the new 47" Westinghouse 1080p monitor connected to the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 computer. I'm having a blast with this combination.
I watched an episode of Jericho on CBS last week, the first that I had seen. I liked the premise of the show so I browsed to CBS' website and found that they had all of the episodes available for watching online. I've now watched four of the twelve available episodes and am enjoying the series.
Prior to purchasing the Westy I would have had to watch the episodes on my computer's 19" LCD while sitting in my cramped office. Now I can lounge in my recliner in the front room and watch the shows in beautiful HD.
A problem has appeared in the MCE computer, one of the HD tuners does not appear to be working. I can only watch or record one show at a time right now. When a scheduled recording comes up the computer pops over to that channel wether we are done watching the current show or not. I'll have to rectify this problem asap.
So, what's next? I'm getting setup to play "Company Of Heroes" on the big screen, I needed to buy a USB hub and a long, 15', USB cable to reach the easy chair via the back of the couch. I didn't want to spend the extra money on a wireless mouse, wired always works out better for gaming and the parts cost about $20 shipped from www.newegg.com. I'll let you know how the gaming at 10' from the set turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment